> > > In the ps file generated by mandoc you should have this line:
> > >
> > >   %%DocumentMedia: Default 595 841 0 () ()
> > >
> > > Where 595 841 correspond to A4.  If you set output paper to "letter"
> > > that line will say:
> > >
> > >   %%DocumentMedia: Default 612 790 0 () ()

Yes. It seems that these are just _comments_ to the PS interpreter
and the "Default" is just an arbitrary given name, right?
(Sorry, I don't know the language.) So GV just shows that,
but it does not _determine_ the actual media size, right?
Looking at term_ps.c, mandoc writes "Default ... " for every paper size.

        Jan