On 10/29/17 18:38, Kurtis wrote:
Thank you very much, Carlos! That explains a lot, and you
probably just saved me many more hours of frustration.

I purchased this WiFi device with my new APU2. Is there a guide
or list to find decent devices which will support hostap mode? I'm not
quite sure what to look for when reading specs or driver man pages.

Take a look at: https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#Wireless

At the top of that section, it talks about Host AP mode and which drivers
support them.

Take a look at each of those respective man pages (personally, I would focus on
ath(4), athn(4), and ral(4)) and choose the chipset capabilities you are
looking for.

If you bought your APU2 from PC Engines, they also sell the Compex WLE200NX
(http://pcengines.ch/wle200nx.htm) which is a compatible athn(4) card.

+--+
Carlos