On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 06:36:38AM -0400, Rupert Gallagher wrote:
> The openbsd decision to make cups package dependent from avahi is
> opaque. Where can we read this decision? What is the evidence that
> supported it? Is this evidence still relevant? Why, oh why, the
> package maintainer(s) of cups resist the opportunity to make their own
> burden less heavy by removing needless parts? Are they on avahi's
> payroll?

What is the point of stirring around in the past?
That won't change anything.

Where is your diff that fixes a problem, today?
Venting frustration on this list is not productive and won't solve
your problem. Instead, you could be patiently and respectfully
discussing technical details of your proposed diff with the package
maintainers (provided they're still in the mood for such a discussion
after you've derided their work on this list).