On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
wrote:

> Forwarding is kernel-only and should be faster than userland sending. So if
> you're trying to determine performance when used for forwarding, you need
> have other machine/s sending and receiving packets for the test

The thing is the the uplink to my ISP is supposed to be 500Mbit/sec. But I
only get around 400MB/s, which seems a bit low for a gigabit interface.
Problem is not with the ISP, as I've tested with an old-ish laptop. (I even
get a bit more than 500Mbit/s!)
Perhaps current is using some extra debug-stuff that slows things down?