* Bogdan Hojda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-01-27 19:59]:
> I tried the following configuration in OpenBGP's /etc/bgpd.conf, with no
> success:
>
> ># macros
> >MyISP="82.xxx.xxx.yyy"
> >
> ># global configuration
> >AS xxx66

> >router-id 82.xxx.xxx.xxx

you probably don't want this, bgpd picks one itself. you certainly
don't need it, it shouldn't make a differnce tho.

> >listen on 82.xxx.xxx.xxx

this might be your problem - just leave it out.

> >log updates

whilst fine for debugging, I doubt you want this in the long run,
syslog will likely chew more CPU logging than bgpd actually doing its
job ;)

> >network 86.aaa.bbb.ccc/21
> >
> ># neighbors and peers
> >neighbor $MyISP {
> >     remote-as ab08
> >     descr MyISP

> >     holdtime 180
> >     holdtime min 3

these two are defaults anyway, I'd leave them out.

> >     announce self
> >     set localpref 110
> >     set community ab08:1000
> >     set community ab08:2000
> >}
> >
> ># filter out prefixes longer than 24 or shorter than 8 bits
> >deny from any
> >allow from any prefixlen 8 - 24
> >
> ># do not accept a default route
> >deny from any prefix 0.0.0.0/0
> >
> ># filter bogus networks
> >deny from any prefix 10.0.0.0/8 prefixlen >= 8
> >[...]

you left anything out here?
you either have an error in the filters or, well, not obvious at a
first glance.

> With this configuration (OpenBGPD) it seems that I receive only routes
> within MyISP AS (ab08); with zebra (running on the very same machine)
> everything runs smoothly.

that points to a problem with the filters, or your ISP is not adding
its own AS leftmost to the path. in the latter case, try
  enforce neighbor-as no
in the neighbor spec. That would be s slightly strange setup tho unless
you talk to a route-server at an IX or the like.

> Is there anything I should try,

ya

> or I should use good-old zebra (quagga)?

nah :)

--
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...