On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 05:19:54PM +0530, Dinesh Thirumurthy wrote:

> > Just use cvs from a mirror outisde the US? You don't *need* to use
> > github, github is a copy anyway and only cvs is authorative.
> >
> >     -Otto
>
> Otto,
>
> Thanks.
>
> I was trying to distribute a tweaked OpenBSD to teachers and students in
> India, so they could compile  kernel, base, and xenocara very easily.
> Not that it is difficult now. But just made it easier. I was using
> github.com as my distribution platform from a forked OpenBSD. Now I need
> to find another way to distribute it.
>
> Regards,
> Dinesh

Note that openbsd's github conversion is not considered stable yet.
Which means all commit hashes could change at any time. Regardless
of the crypto export issue, I would not rely on it for very important
tasks until it is declared stable.

If you really want it in git format without legal trouble, you could
create your own git conversion with e.g. git-cvs ('pkg_add git-cvs').