Peter,

 Thanks very much!

> When I download from Canada and the transit goes through the USA it is
> downloading (and thus exporting) from Canada and not the USA.

Thanks for the clarification! I always viewed it as taking a CD from
Canada to USA to France to India. Too bad USA has Hotel California
policy on OpenBSD.

"We are programmed to receive
 You can check out any time you like
 But OpenBSD can never leave!"

Never thought of links+routers (flights+airports) being pass through
staging points.

This whole thing reminds of the "medicine for goat" scene in the movie
Terminal.

A Bulgarian is taking some medicine from Canada, to his hometown in
Bulgaria. That medicine is impounded by customs is New York Airport.
He is transiting through New York because of some law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrTUmYxnNlo

Just kind of reminds of this OpenBSD/Canada/USA combination.

> That said, have a merry christmas!

Wish you and all on this list a merry christmas!

Thanks again.

Regards,
Dinesh