On 02/12/18 18:07, Xianwen Chen wrote:
> Dear OpenBSD users,
>
> I am not able to run OpenBSD 6.2 amd64 on a Dell Latitude E6330. The
> installation was done by taking out the hard drive and hook it through
> a USB reader to another machine.
>
> I boot the hard drive through Legacy Boot menu. The boot process stops with
> root device:
>
> It is possible to boot through bsd.rd. However, the hard drive is not
> recognized there.

I'm guessing that for some reason or the other the controller is set to
'hardware raid' mode (which OpenBSD does not support) instead of a more
useful SATA mode:

> pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 82801HBM RAID" rev 0x04: DMA,
> channel 0 wired to native-PCI, channel 1 wired to native-PCI
> pciide0: using apic 2 int 19 for native-PCI interrupt

See if the BIOS offers a choice of modes for the controller, hopefully
there is a SATA option.

- Peter

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/