I would "bump" the issue for this specific case, but I think it is a very
laughable mistake to argue over the definition of new.

Rupert, I strongly suggest you actively search as quickly as possible as
Stuart suggested, or return your product. Not the first time this has
happened so don't take it personally.

It would also be cool if someone has:

1) A contact list of devs who are chill and want to program new things such
as a Supermicro
SuperServer E200-9A with an A2SDi-4C-HLN4F motherboard in it.

2) A specific recommendation for an alternative device that will provide
similar sweet functionality.

My idea of (2) is one of the following:
https://www.openbsd.org/octeon.html
https://www.openbsd.org/sgi.html
... but I could be totally wrong, I am not that smart and very busy.

Regards,
Charlie