On 2/27/2018 6:00 PM, li...@wrant.com wrote:
> Tue, 27 Feb 2018 10:42:42 -0500 Mike <the.li...@mgm51.com>

>>> Launch date q3 '17 is pretty new.
>>>

>> fwiw, for a couple of years, I've been running what could be considered
>> the prior model of that motherboard, the A1SRi-2758F.  OpenBSD has no
>> issues running on it. I use CLI elusively, no X stuff..
>
> Hi Mike,

Hi.

> Evasively this has not affected your system mainboard, very interesting:
>
> https://www.servethehome.com/intel-atom-c2000-series-bug-quiet/
> https://www.google.com/search?q=atom+c2758+sudden+death
>
> The fault affects various makers, manifests itself in dead system board.
>
> https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/atom/x10/a1sri-2758f.cfm
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Atom_microprocessors#Silvermont_microarchitecture_4

I returned my two boards to SuperMicro about a year ago, and they
affected the fix on both of them and returned them to me.  SuperMicro
was even very flexible in the scheduling to fit within the spare board
constraints that I have.  And there was no charge except for the cost to
ship the boards to them.