Err, that became too wordy. This is what I wanted to ask:

The common sense way to run a machine is to run it minimalistic, if not
else then for sleeping well at night.

Now running DHCPD, I like it not to touch any other interface than the
dedicated LAN interface - makes general sense, does it not?

The only thing that's unique about the LAN interfaces is that among all
interfaces, it's the only one to have the unique value pair of its
netmask (e.g. 255.255.255.0), and its IPv4 IP (e.g. 1.2.3.4)
bitwise-and the netmask (yielding 1.2.3.0).

Is that dhcpd's selection criteria for what interfaces to touch, i.e.
resolve the IF:s that match netmask and ip-bitwiseand-netmask?