On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 13:41:26 +0100
Erling Westenvik <erling.westen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How long since you did an update before you started having problems? I
> had a similar situation some time ago on one of my current- machines
> that I hadn't updated in a long time.
>
> Check the upgrade guides:
> https://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade62.html
> https://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade61.html
> And so on. And/or install sysclean(1) and have a look at its output.
>
> Between upgrades I usually run:
>
> # pkg_delete -[n]a
>
> (-n being dry mode to see any changes without actually removing things.)
>
> You may also take a look at pkg_check but read the man page first.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Erling

Bad wording from my side I guess... I am not compiling -current; I use
snapshots. And when I update (not on a regular base) to the newest
snapshot, I do a full fresh install using a shell script that does all
the additional configuration work for me.

So the problem is not a left-over from an upgrade operation.

kind regards,
Robert