On 2018-03-19, Markus Rosjat <ros...@ghweb.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> acme-client can only validate an authorization that way.
>>
>> but for a forced renewal for something that's already active, there's
>> likely to already be a validated authorization on the letsencrypt account,
>> in which case it wouldn't need to revalidate.
>>

> I did a forced renew after I got a valid certificate and stoped the
> httpd before I did the forced renew

If you need to force a renewal it means the certificate isn't that old in
the first place and very likely to be in the window in which you already have
a valid authorization.

> I will do the suggested changes to the config and keep an eye on it.

Just place a file in the .well-known/acme-challenge directory and make
sure you can fetch it. Then you don't have to wait for a possible failure
sometime in the future when you're not thinking about it.