On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 17:38, IL Ka <kazakevichi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I belive NFS is rarely used nowadays, especially with Windows clients. People
> use samba/smb to connect *nix to Windows in most cases. Samba should be
> pretty stable because OS X uses it to coexist with MS oses.

I use it on osx: it is a crippled version of the original that causes endless
problems with file permissions. Rock solid for the rest.

I would use samba on obsd, but its package requires x11, believe it or not. I
mentioned the problem in misc@ and received insults by someone occlusive and
dogmatic, so I will not raise the problem again. I am compiling a proper
version, but it will take days on the given hardware...