On 2018-04-29, Stuart Longland <stua...@longlandclan.id.au> wrote:
> The rack has 5 servers, a ARM-based PC and the switch, all of which run
> from a pair of 12V 105Ah AGM batteries, charged from mains power and
> solar.  Switch is a Linksys LGS326-AU.  No other devices plugged into
> this switch have connectivity issues.
>
> The port the industrial PC is connected to is a plain access port with
> no VLAN tagging, trunking or other funny stuff (although all of the
> above get used elsewhere in the network).
>
> When the link drops out, there's nothing in `dmesg`.  If I tether my
> phone and hit the machine via SSH, I find it is unable to ping anything
> on the internal network via IPv4 or IPv6, or vice versa.

What does "ifconfig rl0" show, both normally and when this happens?

How about "netstat -nI rl0"?

Is anything logged on the switch? This model has things like broadcast
storm control, I'm wondering if that might have triggered or if it shows
anything else useful.

Can you try a different cable, can you try a different switch port?

> Is there some sort of debugging flag I can turn on in the kernel to log
> more detail about what's going on with rl0 when the loss of connectivity
> is being experienced?

I don't see any extra debugging that can be enabled for rl.