Quoting John Long <codeb...@inbox.lv>:

Been a while and don't have my other OpenBSD boxes accessible.

What are the recommended partitions and appropriate sizes for people
who want to track stable and possibly build the whole ports tree?

Thanks,

/jl

Hi,

Hopefully more knowledgeable people may give us better advice. The default installation and partition sizes worked great for me till 6.1 and I was able to build and test changes to kernel and also test ports etc without making any changes. However, for the past year or so, I have had to increase the size of /usr to 6G and /usr/local to 20G to build all the packages.

HTH,

Vijay

Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.
ForeTell Technologies Limited