Generally the Lenovo laptops works really well, nothing beats the IBM
days, but I have at the moment around 90 or so X1 Carbon's out in the
field in various generations from generation 2 all the way to latest 6th
gen., never had problems with the Linux support or stability of the
laptops.

Can't say for *BSD reliability, since I'm the only one use *BSD and both
my T430 and T450 works well, while my P51 is having problems with the
Nvidia/Intel combo. But if I disable the Nvidia card in BIOS it works
okay after a bit of fitteling - but this also goes for Debian GNU/Linux
and even Windows sometimes have problems with the switch.

But none of the laptops mentioned are cheap, so don't know if that
disqualifies this information.

Med Venlig Hilsen / Best Regards
Henrik Dige Semark