On 2018/07/08 21:56, Nan Xiao wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> $ cat /etc/installurl
> https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD
>
> Does my /etc/installurl will always fetch -current?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Best Regards
> Nan Xiao
>

> On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 7:33 AM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> > On 2018-07-07, Tom Smyth <tom.sm...@wirelessconnect.eu> wrote:
> >> Hi otto
> >>
> >> I must check that last time i read man page  it was related it was for
> >> syspatch
> >
> > /etc/installurl is used if present, pkg_add selects /snapshots/ or /6.3/
> > etc depending on the kernel version string.
> >
> > If set, PKG_PATH overrides /etc/installurl, and this takes either a short
> > hostname (in which case the same rules apply for version string), or a
> > full path (either as a static string or with placeholders replaced by
> > arch/version).
> >
> > That is why I asked if PKG_PATH was set.

It depends on what kernel you are running.

$ sysctl -n kern.version | head -1
OpenBSD 6.3-current (GENERIC.MP) #6: Thu Jul  5 21:40:47 BST 2018

-> fetches -current packages

$ sysctl -n kern.version | head -1
OpenBSD 6.3 (GENERIC.MP) #107: Sat Mar 24 14:21:59 MDT 2018

-> fetches release packages

Also I would recommend against using ftp.openbsd.org, pick a local mirror
or if using releases one of the CDNs instead ..