On 2018-07-13, Daniel Bolgheroni <dan...@bolgh.eng.br> wrote:
> I get very poor signal on a ThinkPad X220.  It works at max 3 meters away
> from the router.  After that, almost 100% packet loss.  The AP doesn't
> matter.  However, it is not OpenBSD-related:
>
> https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X220-wifi-very-poor-performance/td-p/484303

No such problems on my laptops (X220, X201). iwn seems fairly
solid in most cases so if seeing problems there I would check
that the u.fl connectors are properly seated (if you want to try
disconnecting/reconnecting to see if that helps you may want tweezers,
they are a bit fiddly).

The OP was about T40 though, which is much older. Any problems there
(excepting hardware) are less likely to be related to problems seen
on newer machines.