Thanks for the reply,

So my first step was getting the "mtrace" source files and copying them into
the "/usr/src/usr.bin/bgplg/" directory, as that is the location of all the
other commands like ping and traceroute. I also added a copy of the
executable into "/var/www/bin/", as the other commands did likewise.
<http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/file/t29577/mtrace_files_added.png>

Next I configured the "/usr/src/usr.bin/bgplg/bgplg.c" file to add and
define mtrace as a command. The rest of the .c file didn't seem to require
configuring so I left it as is.
<http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/file/t29577/define_mtrace_dotc.png>

I finally edited the "/usr/src/usr.bin/bgplg/bgplg.h" file, adding the
mtrace command. I made the mtrace command to be a copy of the ping command
because I wasn't sure what the correct definition of the mtrace command was,
but that shouldn't have stopped the command appearing in the drop down menu
should it?
<http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/file/t29577/define_mtrace_command_doth.png>

And after doing that it doesn't appear in my bgplg after rebooting and
restarting.
<http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/file/t29577/Screenshot_%282%29.png>

Do you see where I might've gone wrong? I know that my definition in the .h
file is wrong, but I'm trying to get this working in baby steps, and perhaps
I was mistaken but I thought that having a duplicated function would still
make it appear in the bgplg menu. Is there anything obvious that leaps out
at you that I'm not seeing?

Thank you for the help.

--
Sent from: http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/openbsd-user-misc-f3.html