On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 06:29:04PM -0500, Edward Lopez-Acosta wrote:
> Hi Ingo,
>
> I was looking to port bleachbit, system cleanup tool, to OpenBSD and one
> function is to make sure certain files are not in use before it proceeds. An
> example would be cache files by a browser which would need closed.
>
> Beyond that though it was more of an educational exercise on my part as I
> continue becoming familiar with OpenBSD and its workings.
>
> Edward Lopez-Acosta
>
> On 8/9/18 6:17 PM, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> >Hi Edward,
> >
> >Edward Lopez-Acosta wrote on Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 05:41:04PM -0500:
> >
> >>I am aware of fuser and fstat but these seem to only give me inodes.
> >>Is there an equivalent to the Linux application `lsof`?

So, how is this actually a problem for the case at hand ?

Is bleachbit so badly designed that it can't be made to work with fstat
output ?

If I understand your problem correctly, bleachbit is going to build a list
of files it wants to remove, then try its best to check whether these files
are actually in use by the system.

There, inode/devno information is exactly what you need.  You just need
to coerce bleachbit into pairing that information correctly.