On 09-10 13:30, Craig Skinner wrote:
> Being a postmaster (email server administrator) and hostmaster (DNS
> server administrator) is fun, hectic, and takes about 5 years to learn.
> [....]
> Save yourself the trouble and let them use their gMail
> accounts/addresses directly. They'll soon be getting Android or Apple
> phones, so let them use their Google/Apple accounts themselves.

Some good points.

One could also use a different provider just for mail (pop or webmail)
instead of google, if one wants to keep from centralizing more power there.

(One example among many is pair.com, for webmail, DNS, domain, some hosting
but not OpenBSD that I know of, unless you get a virtual private server).