RedShift wrote:
Hi everyone

I've noticed OpenBSD still uses Apache httpd 1.3. While it is good that
on the OpenBSD side of things, it is maintained and there's an
additional focus on security for httpd. However, sooner or later,
httpd 1.3 *will be deprecated* in favor of newer versions (2.0, 2.2),
and now certainly with 2.2 released.

Are there any plans about when 2.2 (or 2.0) will be included in the base fileset? Or remove apache out of the fileset and let the users install it themselfs with a port?

Glenn

I couldn't find anything in the misc archives, but perhaps I didn't really look that hard. But the biggest issue is the Apache 2.0 license. I'm not sure what the problem is with the license, but I believe it may be that Apache 2 license is more restrictive. In what way? I don't know.