On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 07:15, <j...@bitminer.ca> wrote:

> > did you take a look at net/arpwatch?
>
> Too many emails; email to root is not a useful mechanism for me.

arpwatch could be configured to send emails to an address other than root.

At the time I was using it, the --help showed a command line option for
specifying
alternative email addresses, but it did not work then.

It's been many years since I used it, so this may have changed, but I had
to adjust
#define's for WATCHER and WATCHEE, to hard code alternative email addresses
into
the binary.

Combined with an email to SMS text message gateway service, this gave my
manager
and I almost instant notification when staff with physical access added
hosts to certain
networks they were not permitted to.

Shane