On 11 May 2019, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 01:05:32PM +0300, Consus wrote:

> > > Oh, but they already are. Install snapshots instead of release.
> >
> > Ain't -current a "development" branch? I mean things break, major
> > changes being pushed, experiments are being held. Kinda not what I want
> > on my home computer.
> >

> Once in a while things break in current, but we keep that to a minimum.
> *If* it happens, swift action is taken.
>
> Experiments are mostly done outside the tree and only are committed
> after we are confident it's an improvement.
>
>       -Otto

I've been using -current on my desktop and several laptops for over
three years. I've had fewer problems than with either Debian Sid or
Arch Linux, both of which I'd used extensively before coming to
OBSD. On the few occasions when problems I couldn't solve easily
have arisen I've found answers thanks to kind people here, on
daemonforums, or occasionally from the maintainer of a package.

--
Anthony Campbell                        http://www.acampbell.uk