On Monday 13 February 2006 13:51, dereck wrote:
> This is getting ridiculous!  The guy said he was under
> attack.(!)  What is the point of a _misc_ list anyway?
>  He's not clogging the dev list!
>
> The responses here are totally out of line.  Haven't
> any of you guys EVER had a desperate situation before?

Dereck,

Thanks for the support. However, my situation is not desparate.
By refusing to answer a question to which he indicated he had an
answer, Ted has left all of us hanging as to whether he *really*
knows what the differences are between the capabilities of pf and bpf.
 *I* could certainly not testify that Ted actually knows the answer to
that question as he claims to. :-)

(BTW, I had read the bpf man page and, frankly, I couldn't make
any sense out of it on first reading. I started getting a better idea
of bpf by the time I started reading the freebsd bpf man page,
but then I started wondering "why bother with bpf? How do I
even use it?". It must have a useful purpose or it wouldn't be in OpenBSD.)

Maybe someone else can jump in here.

Dave

--
Lose, v., experience a loss, get rid of, "lose the weight"
Loose, adj., not tight, let go, free, "loose clothing"