Maxim Bourmistrov <m...@alumni.chalmers.se> wrote:

> What is seen in 'top' is what compile does to the sys. snmpd just freacks
> out, and the rest as well.
> This is VMWare. Storage below is VSAN.
> bgpd streches 4 arms - to fw1 and 3 remote VPS. No big deal here. Private
> stuff, no massive peering. No peering at all, except mentioned.
> Compile sucks out all rss and I don't think this is OK to have this machine
> in line, handling traffic.
> If I had only one node, with active connections, I'd say I'm offline while
> compile is active.

My laptop does the required relink in under 10 seconds.

    0m05.54s real     0m03.21s user     0m02.15s system

My landisk with 64MB of ram and a 266MHz cpu is a little slow.

It's great you have an opinion.  I have a different opinion.
Isn't it great we can all have different opinions?

Must say, I'm glad I'm not relying on your failing services......