On Sat, 13 Jul 2019, Jonathan Drews wrote:

Hi Folks:  I need some recommendations on what brand of printers will
work with Ghostscript (Postscript).

If you find a printer that understands postcript, then you will be
perhaps happy. You will not need Ghostscript.

Otherwise, you need to translate the postscript file that you want
to print to the language of the printer: this is done with
ghostscript, as far as it supports this language.

Perhaps a PCL printer + Ghostscript? I use a HP Laserjet 4l and am very
happy. Inexpensive printing, but unfortunately HP does not support it
anymore, perhaps it will get difficult to get the toner.

Perhaps the following helps you to see what language a printer supports
and how, if possible, to configure it with ghostscript:

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openprinting/database/databaseintro

But see also for a specific printer how expensive is the toner cartridge
and how many pages you can print with it.

Rod.