On 22/07/2019 16:13, Raul Miller wrote:
Both git and OpenBSD run on patches.

That said, OpenBSD has a cultural restriction of requiring people to
inspect the patches before incorporating them. Adopting git would be a
step away from that practice.

Does that help make sense of the current situation?

Raul, Австин, I hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Raul's answer raises fascinating questions about the nature of software development and SCM.

Using _any_ SCM system and having meaningful discussion among developers before integrating changes is much more important than the choice of actual SCM system.

Andrew
--
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9