Hi, since your interface is vio0 your virtual service provider might
require a hard restart of your server -- separate from rebooting
from your installed OpenBSD.

I know you disabled pf, but once it's working, I think the rules
you need to add would be something like:

# ip6
#   man icmp6 has the types and descriptions used below
pass log on $ext_if inet6 proto icmp6 \
        to any icmp6-type \
        {133 134 135 136 137} modulate state
# rfc 4890 section 4.3
pass log inet6 proto icmp6 icmp6-type {unreach toobig} modulate state
pass log inet6 proto icmp6 icmp6-type timex code 0 modulate state
pass log inet6 proto icmp6 icmp6-type paramprob code 1 modulate state
pass log inet6 proto icmp6 icmp6-type paramprob code 2 modulate state
pass log inet6 proto icmp6 icmp6-type echoreq modulate state

For the hostname.vio0 file, all I have is
inet6 autoconf autoconfprivacy soii
inet6 alias <my ip6 address here>

You may also want to look at the Book of PF third edition which
mentions other relevant RFCs.