On 2019-08-22, Daniel Ouellet <dan...@presscom.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wonder if anyone would know the answer for this.
>
> I try to figure out what is the entry needed in the snmpd.conf for the
> specific display that would show in mrtg when the scan is done.
>
> In short the display as
>
> Max Speed:    1000.0 Mbits/s
>
> to be display as for example
>
> Max Speed:    150.0 Mbits/s
>
> I have all other variable set properly for what's needed, but can't
> figure this one out.
>
> IN Cisco router you can just do
>
> bandwidth 150000
>
> for example to do this
>
> In smtpd.conf I can do
>
> system location "Your city location"
>
> But I haven't been able to figure what's the entry for the display of
> the bandwidth itself oppose to the Interface speed.
>
> I thought this would do:
>
> system ifSpeed "1500000"
>
> but it doesn't and I really can't figure this one out.
>
> The man page does provide plenty but come short for this one.
>
> I process all the stats from an OpenBSD server and the router I query
> are mostly Cisco but many are also OpenBSD too.
>
> Any clue stick?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Daniel

I think you need to just configure MaxBytes in mrtg config for the port.

Looking at snmpd.conf(5) and looking up the oid you might think of trying
this,...

oid 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.5.$ifindex name ifSpeed read-only integer 123456

(replace $ifindex with the correct index for the port), but it doesn't
actually work, snmpd doesn't allow overriding an existing oid in this way.