Bruno.

I'd been experiencing terrible problems with FreeBSD and Gnome and so I
chose to install OpenBSD 3.8 and fluxbox

So far, so good and it's all operating very smoothly and reliably. So
far, the only application that I haven't brought on board is Evolution
which I really need, but I am making do with Thunderbird for now.

To be honest, it's been much more straight forward to set this up, than
it ever has been with the so-called more user friendly FreeBSD. It will
depend on whether there is support for your applications of choice, in
OpenBSD, but from what I see so far, there isn't any reason not to run
OpenBSD as a desktop/workstation environment. If fact, it's inspired me
to put together a 'how-to' of sorts, for OpenBSD newbies.

Best regards,

Craig