On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 12:16:49PM +0100, Rachel Roch wrote:

> Refuse to use Sonos myself, but am helping (or trying to) out a friend who
> has a Sonos try to get things working wtih OpenBSD PF.
>
> I've simplified their PF rulese to a simple swiss cheese (i.e. stateful NAT'd
> allow any out to any).
>
> Everything else they care to run on their network is running perfectly.
> Apart from their darn Sonos box.
>
> Sonos support are about as much use as a fart in spacesuit, so I'm hoping
> there's somebody on this list who has already fought and won the Sonos battle
> ?

It does look like the Sonos devices use a number of services out there -
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/688?language=en_US

No hands on experience with that one myself (we ended up using a Bluesound
Vault2 for our home music needs)

Cheers,
Peter

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/