On 2020-02-20, Peter Müller <peter.muel...@link38.eu> wrote:
> Hello openbsd-misc,
>
> is anybody out there running strongSwan as an IPsec client for a net-to-net
> connection
> on an OpenBSD machine?
>
> If so, I would be very grateful to know which steps are necessary in order to
> successfully
> route traffic through this n2n connection and what your ipsec.conf file (and
> other ones,
> if necessary) looks like.
>
> Sorry for bringing this up again, but I am out of ideas now and packaging
> strongSwan
> for OpenBSD would not make sense if it could not be used properly. :-)
>
> Thanks again for any advice on this.
>
> Best regards,
> Peter Müller

strongSwan is packaged because it covers for some deficiencies in the
tools in base and works in some use cases (say, single machine connecting
to a VPN which needs EAP for authentication), that is a good enough use
case that it makes sense to package it.

I don't know how I could make it clearer than I already did in the
package description and pkg-readme file about the state of support - you
really want something else for lan-to-lan on OpenBSD.