Another option I found helpful once is to use wget to download the
FAQs' content to a local copy (unless that puts too much load on the server),
then have a simple local shell alias to view it with links or w3m.
(At the time, it was a quick way for me, to preserve the content
in case I wanted it while offline, or if things like X weren't working.)
There are probably pros & cons of doing that, vs. CVS -- maybe making a
CVS copy is actually cleaner & simpler for this, and for updating it.

I can fish out my old wget line for that, if it is of interest and not
considered harmful.

--

Luke Call

My general thoughts:  http://lukecall.net  (updated 2020-02-18)