Hi Ottavio,

Ottavio Caruso wrote on Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 11:27:30AM +0000:

> Warning: beginner here.

That's OK, as long as you don't feel offended when not every idea
is instantly acted on.  ;-)  (Actually, that applies to experienced
users as well - and even to developers.)

> What about having good old plain text obsd-faq.txt
> <https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/doc/obsd-faq.txt> mirrored in
> base system?

That would be inconvenient.  It helps the release(8) process that
the base system - https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/src/ - is a stand-alone
repository.  Reacharound to the www repository doesn't strike me
as desirable.  Remember that the release(8) process is also followed
for snapshot builds, which are done often on multiple architectures.
Keeping that process as simple as possible and requiring as few
dependencies as possible really helps development and avoids
annoying distractions for developers.

Besides, the FAQ only applies to -stable and not to -current, so
installing it on a -current system would be badly misleading.
And we certainly don't want the release(8) process to work differently
for -current and -stable: -current is where most of the testing for
-stable gets done, so it should better be as similar as possible or
we would be in for surprises at release time, or even worse, for
surprises after release.

> Or maybe it's there but I could't find it:
>
> oc@OpenBSD:~$ find /usr/share/ -iname *faq.txt*
> oc@OpenBSD:~$

No, it isn't there.  But you can easily find it elsewhere
and download it to any place where you need it.

Yours,
  Ingo