On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 01:49:01PM +0100, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 10:15:31AM -0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2020-03-02, Peter N. M. Hansteen <pe...@bsdly.net> wrote:
> > > I was thinking of the probably quite unlikely event that somebody who
> > > wants this
> > > comes up with an actually reproducible way that could be turned into an
> > > otherwise
> > > unremarkable make target.
> >
> > >From experience with other generated files: it won't get used by
> > everyone who updates the faq, meaning that it's another thing that
> > somebody<tm> has to watch out for and fix it.
>
> I'd state the problem more generally: Changing the way people work (their
> 'workflow')
> is hard.

I genuinely think this is unneded in this particular case. The
documentation team has done a particularly good jon in ensuring that
the html FAQ remains quite consistent throughout, e.g., in the
specification and usage of anchors.

This makes batch conversion quite easy and maintainance-free, as shown
by the relatively primitive script I sent. I am working on it to
include ports and pf, and then post a link to it here.

HTH