On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 14:33:46 +0300
Vitaliy Makkoveev <henscheltig...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 02:28:08PM +0300, Vitaliy Makkoveev wrote:
> > You have pipex(4) disabled. Is it still hangs with disabled
> > pipex(4)? As I discovered
> > (https://marc.info/?t=158529976800001&r=1&w=2), npppd with pipex(4)
> > enabled and non-NULL "idle-timeout" option will crash kernel. You
> > can disable this option in yout npppd.conf an reenable pipex(4).
> > Looks like crashes should gone.
> And don't use pppac(4) with pipex enabled, use pppx(4). Crash you
> reported https://marc.info/?t=158506225900002&r=1&w=2 is actual for
> pppac(4).

Thanks for the instruction.

I have:
 - left net.pipex.enable=1
 - replaced tun1 with pppx0 in npppd.conf
 - removed 'pipex no' from npppd.conf

So far so good, I'll send update if I experience further hangs.

The instruction on pppx(4) you gave me came as surprising news to me. I
have been using npppd since it still had undocumented 'old style'
config. Once npppd.conf got its manpage (was it 5.3?) I've set up tun1
as PPTP interface and it worked great with up to ~20 clients all these
years. I was very satisfied that all PPTP traffic went through single
interface (as opposed to my previous setup with poptop which created
separate tun interface for each session), as I had the ability to graph
its traffic from SNMP data.

I guess I was 'holding it wrong' all this time, and yet it worked well
:)

Thank you once again.

After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/