On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 04:42:34AM BST, Aaron Mason wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 11:17 AM Jay Hart <jh...@kevla.org> wrote:
> >
> > Upgraded my router from 6.5 to 6.6.  Followed the upgrade guide and
> > installed most, not all, of
> > the file sets.  I did not install the games set or several of the X sets.
> >
> > I ran pkg_add -u and also used sysclean to find and remove all unneeded
> > files.
> >
> > Afterwards, trying to run 'mc' results in:
> >
> > tangerine# mc
> > ld.so can't load library libpcre.so.3.0
> > Killed
> >
> > libpcre.so.3.0 is in /usr/local/lib
> >
> > Not sure how to go about fixing this, google searches did not turn up
> > anything on this.
> >
> > Looking for a bit of help.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jay
> >

> I find it rare that an upgrade ever goes smoothly for any OS.  Have
> you tried running ldconfig(8)?

This is part of rc(8) so, like sthen@ already mentioned, this isn't
necessary.

Would this by any chance be related to the fact that pcre has been
removed from WANTLIB[0][1] but the package still pulls in libpcre?

        $ ldd /usr/local/bin/mc | grep pcre
        00001b530c236000 00001b530c27c000 rlib  0    1   0
/usr/local/lib/libpcre.so.3.0

[0] https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/ports/misc/mc/Makefile?only_with_tag=OPENBSD_6_6
[1] https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/ports/misc/mc/Makefile.diff?r1=1.67&r2=1.68&f=h

P.S. From personal experience, OpenBSD upgrades are as smooth as they come.
P.P.S. sysclean(8) works great so shout-out to semarie@ o/ :^)

Regards,

Raf