On 2020-06-12 14:01, George wrote:

On 2020-06-12 3:41 p.m., Maurice McCarthy wrote:
You could have a look at https://www.geoghegan.ca/unbound-adblock.html and
https://www.geoghegan.ca/pfbadhost.html

Simply great! Will definitely try these out.

Merci!

George

Hey there,

I'm the author of those scripts. In response to concerns about heavyness/memory use of DNS blocklists:  unbound-adblock is pretty light on memory (~30MB of RAM usage) as we serve NXDOMAIN responses instead of redirecting to 0.0.0.0 etc. By doing this we save a massive amount of memory that would otherwise be spent mapping each domain to a black hole address. I run unbound-adblock on many Edgerouter Lites and havent had any issues.

Regards,

Jordan Geoghegan