On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 00:36:35 +0300
Vitaliy Makkoveev <m...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> Hello Marko.
>
> Can I propose you to try upcoming 6.8? We moved pppac(4) and pppx(4)
> output processing out of kernel lock. pppx(4) output is still
> serialised by netlock, but I hope we'll made it per-cpu before 6.8
> release.
>
> Also, for curiosity reasons, what is your pppx(4) clients count?

Hi Vitaliy,

I can try 6.8 snapshot and test 2-3 simultaneous clients, but
unfortunately not in "real life" production.

In April, during WFH boom in early days of lockdown I had up to 150
concurrent clients, nowadays they average around 50. But not too much
traffic, ~20Mbit/s in total (people mostly RDP over pptp).

I'll report how I fare with 6.8 snapshots.

Regards,

After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/