On 2020-08-21 16:51, Raymond, David wrote:
> I noticed that trying to load an attachment to Gmail in Firefox leads
> to a basically empty menu for selecting the file to be loaded?  What
> gives?  Is this something to do with pledge/unveil?  Is there a way to
> do this?
>
> Dave Raymond

In practice, if I want to give Firefox access to a file, I move it to
~/Downloads and then it will appear in that chooser.

Yes, it's related to unveil. You can configure it. I think there's more
info under /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes (I don't have access to my
OpenBSD system right now but probably look for "firefox" in that directory.)

--
James