Well I think if this would be the case maybe chromium should be in the core OS image not in ports or Firefox removed from ports, right? But I don't think is the case. Chromium might have better architecture regarding security, but for many privacy is as important as security or maybe even more if what we are defending from are very hard to exploit vulnerabilities, that would need to target an OS OpenBSD which is not that widespread.

Chromium as far as I know in the past from people that analysed it's traffic was making async calls to google DNS. Not sure if is longer the case, but if it wasn't maybe a project like Iridium wouldn't exist.

https://github.com/iridium-browser/tracker/wiki/Differences-between-Iridium-and-Chromium

Regards,

---
Oriol Demaria