Hi Todd,
im sorry to hear that you are having that hassle...
the only other thing I can think of is to clear the partition table
(if you have no other data stored)
on the hard disk,
I have had trouble with other installers (that said, not OpenBSDs)
where if I had one OS installed
on the disk before I would not be able to install because of some bug
in the way the
Partition tables were written by the other OS.

Ok  just to confirm you are writing the install67.fs or install68.img
to the USB drive...  the usb drive is not encrypted..

you are not writing the install6.7fs or install68.img to the internal
nvme disk of your laptop

when you boot your laptop you get the usual OpenBSD boot prompt and
you just hit enter ?

looking at the dmesg it is saying softraid0 ... (which im assuming
would only be relevant if you were loading an encrypted drive or a
raid that is strange)
I had not noticed that in a dmesg of a standard installer (I could be wrong)

--
Kindest regards,
Tom Smyth.