Ray Lai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> I have no part of X installed so should I see some dependancies listed
>> here?
>>    # make search key=ratpoison
>>   Port:   ratpoison-1.3.0p1
>>   Info:   minimal wm based on GNU screen
>>   Maint:  William Yodlowsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>   Index:  x11
>>   L-deps:
>>   B-deps:
>>   R-deps:
>>   Archs:  any
>
> I guess this means ratpoison is unbelievably lightweight, having
> no dependencies (other than X, of course).

So shouldn't `X' appear as a dependancy?  Or whatever package supplies
X?

Assuming I need to backup and get the installation package *x*.tgz.  I'm not
sure how to proceed.

I've installed from a recent snapshot and then built from src to
follow current.  So what is the normal way to backup and get something
basic like X?