User and group information is set during login. When running a new shell
with -l it only reads the shell profile:
     -l      Login shell.  If the basename the shell is called with
             (i.e. argv[0]) starts with ‘-’ or if this option is used,
             the shell is assumed to be a login shell and the shell
             reads and executes the contents of /etc/profile and
             $HOME/.profile if they exist and are readable.
So you need to log out and log in again (either from your terminal
session or X11 session).

If you want to make sure your user is added to the group dialer you can
verify via:
$ getent group dialer
dialer:*:117:ruda

martijn@