On 8.1.2021 16:21, Rudolf Sykora wrote:
Dear list,

I tried to add myself to the "dialer" group:

#usermod -G dialer ruda

But when I write

$groups

in a terminal I still do not see the new group. Not even if I open a new login
shell (by writing "ksh -l"). However, when I log in in a text console
(ctrl-alt-1), I see the new group there.

What is it that I have to do to have the membership updated, i.e., how
can I open e.g. a terminal in the running environment that would see my
new groups?

Thanks for comments
Ruda

There seems to be some change in behavior in OpenBSD and to be honest do not
know when it happened.

This is your start https://man.openbsd.org/user

which will get you to https://man.openbsd.org/usermod.8

BUT using -G resets your membership and you will be in only group you specified.
If you want to add additional group you need to use -S instead