Am Fri, Jan 08, 2021 at 02:29:02PM +0000 schrieb Peter Kay:
> There appear to be no 4G modem support at the moment, specifically a
> mini PCI-e one so I can stick it in a PC engines apu4d4 and have a
> backup connection.
>
> Presuming a driver would need to be written, but just checking if I've
> missed anything?

There's umb(4).  It supports USB's MBIM standard.  There are some MBIM
compatible chips around, one for instance is this one:

https://www.varia-store.com/de/produkt/87272-simcom-sim7600e-h-mpcie-eu-lte-cat-4-modul.html

You'll probably need to switch it into MBIM mode once via a specific
AT-command over the serial, but otherwise it should do.

I'm sure there are plenty of other MBIM-compatible devices, this is just
the one from the top of my head.