On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 04:25:39PM -0800, Bryan Wright wrote:
Perhaps someone will make some changes to the installer or documentation. But,
I can tell you, a diff,  or at least a proposed specific solution, will always
go a lot further than pointing out a potential problem, simply because there
are relatively few developers and they all have things they are busy with.

It's hard for me to propose a solution since I don't know the situation. However, the solution I originally had in mind was the solution that someone else proposed already:

add language to the FDE section of the FAQ explaining how to verify which drive is which, before overwriting the first 1M of that drive with zeroes.

The other solution which was proposed (update the installer to support FDE, since everyone does it these days) is also great.