On Fri, 22 Jan 2021, Gabriel Garcia wrote:
> > Used to be able to put .forward files in the home
> > directory of certain users and re-send their mail to a gmail or other
> > address.
> >
> > Doesn't seem to work now.  Is that feature available somehow with smtpd?
>
> This should still work, I believe it's related to local mail delivery, rather
> than smtpd itself.
>
> Perhaps you should share the relevant configuration, the .forward file you
> wish processed and the use case that isn't working for folks to assist.

Hi Gabriel,  thanks for the encouragement.  Thought I answered you but
don't see it in the archive.  Just for the record,  I wanted to confirm
what apparently fixed the problem for me...  seems it was a name server
problem.

>From my postponed messages folder later on  22 Jan 2021:

   Simple .forward is working fine, and automatically, for me now.
Might have had something to do with a new MX record propagation delay.

Austin